I’d be super nice that if for instance i’m going to Bandung, there’s a mobile app which helps me exploring the city. Here’s the scenario:
As I enter Bandung, I open this “Bandung App” in my mobile phone and it helps me to
survive“live” in this city.
This app will help me to give relevant answer to:
- I want to go to Ciwalk, which angkot I should use? (I know there’s Google Maps for that, but for a developed country with trivia here and there?)
- Where is the nearest gas station?
- Where is the nearest ATM?
- Ah, weekend. Is there any event I can attend to?
- I want to go to Lembang. Is there any traffic jam along the way?
- A notification pops up: oh, I should be careful with these accident in Gunung Batu.
- I enter Paris Van Java, oh, there are these promos nearby, or there are these events nearby.
Basically, an app which I need for living in a city. I know, some apps are already exist to answer some of the question I asked above. This idea is like combining Google Maps + Event Brite + Foursquare + you know better than meTM. But please, I don’t need to know any event exist in Singapore or any other hipster cities in the world, I only need to know what happens in this city. What to do in this city. Where to go in this city. How to live better in this city.
I talked with one of my friend, the legendary freelancer, and he said: “well I thought of the same idea, but the challenge is how to collect the data, not the technology“.
Ah, content is king, indeed.